Thursday, June 23, 2011

Project: Food Budget (Week 6)

Thursdays seem to come much faster now that I am participating in the Project: Food Budget challenge.  This week was super easy... We have not purchased much groceries and were eating up what was left in the house.  However, I feel like we've also done quite a bit of eating out too so it's probably balancing itself out.

Fun Find: Last night hubby and I were walking through the local farmers' market and... long story short... signed up for a CSA (Community Supported Agriculture) share. Ours is a smaller size share and it only costs us $15/week.  Today's share consisted of a bunch of radishes, a head of lettuce, 2 herbs of choice (mine were basil and flat leaf parsley), garlic scapes... and some other green stuff I can't remember right now without looking in my fridge ;)  I am excited about learning new dishes that will help me use up all our stuff.  The big plan for this weekend is basil garlic pesto (pesto freezes well so I can keep it until I need it). The fun challenge for the week is to find recipes to use up all the radishes. 

What is your fun find of the week?

****************************************************************************************


Other Participating Blogs: 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...