Wednesday, June 22, 2011

My Home

"Moses took his tent and pitched it outside the camp, far from the camp, and called it the tabernacle of meeting.  And it came to pass that everyone who sought the Lord went out to the tabernacle of meeting which was outside the camp."  
(Exodus 33:7)


Moses loved the Lord so much that his own house became a place where people would come and seek God.  I want my home to be a place where God speaks.  I want my home to be a place that encourages others to worship.

What would it take from me?

SEPARATION

Moses pitched his tent far from the camp.  How often do I get so caught up in my daily life that I make no time to spend with God?  Life happens.  Our families have needs and we are there to meet them.  Our social life is also important.  We have engagements and responsibilities.  We have ministry commitments.  And as important as any of those are, they have a tendency to drag us away from the One who can give us strength to deal with them, wisdom and understanding of how to do them faster and more efficiently, from the One who can bless the work of our hands.  Separating myself would require for me to rethink my priorities, to give up convenience, to drop my to do list until I've talked to Him, to cancel out things that make me feel important, like I am doing something worthwhile, but leave me no time for anything else.  Separating myself would mean laying down the social expectations aside and rearranging my schedule to make room for the One who is the most important.

I'm in.  I will strive for it.

Will you?

*****************************************************************************************************

I am linking up here

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...