I have been away from home so much this year. I've been away from my husband too. There was a reason why we had to be separated by miles for so long (the longest stretch in 2.5 years of marriage) - but knowing the reason does not always make it easy.
It feels good to be home again. Home where I can wear the "ugly shirt". Home where all pretenses are stripped away - and it's just me.
I am grateful...
- that I still haven't trashed the "ugly shirt"
- for a kiss my husband gives me before he leaves for work
- for knowing where everything is (well, most of the time)
- for friends who understand my passion
- for unexpected financial blessings slipped into my hand in church
- for the overwhelming feeling of gratitude flooding my soul
- that God sees and honors obedience
- that God's love does not depend on my performance
- that there're doctors and lawyers and all kinds of people who know stuff I don't