Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Are We There Yet?

Are we there yet?

Impatiently, I look at the clock of my life, ticking away... quietly... steadily...

When will I finally arrive?

When will I finally learn the easy way?

When will I be everything that You have created me?

Are we there yet?

I often wish I were perfect.  I wish I could know everything, do everything right, always say the right things, and always be in tune with the Holy Spirit.  I see the years of my life slipping by... almost unnoticed in the general rush of life... and I wonder how long it will take me to get to that place.

As a little child to whom an hour's trip feels like eternity... I grow impatient.

And you, my friend?

Are you growing impatient also?

One truth we must remember as we grow uneasy in our passenger seats... He knows where He is taking us...  and He knows exactly how to get there.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...