Monday, October 11, 2010

One Thousand Gifts - #26-29

I lean my head against the wall and exhale.


I am faced again with... nothing... the emptiness... the quietness...


My heart yearns for rest.  Rest from anxiety.  Rest from worry.  Rest from stress.


Even rest from anticipation.


And so I rest... for a minute... leaning my head against the shower wall...


Warm trails of water saturating my hair... racing down my spine...


His Spirit giving me a new hope, developing stronger trust.


And I am grateful... and willing to wait for His promise.


#26 - a wall of bathroom tile to lean my head on
#27 - the privacy of my shower (the place for my deepest sighs and most sincere prayers)
#28 - the gift of time (and how everything changes as it passes)
#29 - the rich legacy of answered prayers (in the Word of God and my personal life)



holy experience

1 comment:

Melissa {Suger} said...

OMG. Just pressed, NEXT BLOG (always risky, let's face it) and I showed up here.

And your blog name is based on about my favourite quote in the WHOLE world.

I'll come back again.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...