Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Lionhearted and Lamblike

In the first months of our marriage my beloved husband and I have spent a long time re-assessing what we thought we knew about the roles of husband and wife in marriage.  Transferring what we remembered reading in the Bible or hearing someone teach in church into our personal convictions was hard.  Even harder was looking deep into ourselves and adjusting our behavior to be more Christ-like towards each other.  And trust me - we're still working on that.

This summer I blogged a lot about being the wife that my husband needs (if you're interested and new to this blog - just scroll down on your right and look for theme search - then click on label "completing him challenge" and all posts will show).

This morning I thought I'd share a little about the role of a husband with you.  I loved this sermon by John Piper "Lionhearted and Lamblike: The Christian Husband as Head".  I think that best describes what a husband should be: a strong and determined yet gentle and humble leader.

You can watch / listen / read Part 1 of the sermon here and Part 2 here.

Hope it blesses you like it blessed me.

1 comment:

Deanna said...

This is one of my favorite Piper sermons. I have it on my ipod and listen to it often!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...