Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Power of Encouragement

"See to it, brothers, that none of you has a sinful, unbelieving heart that turns away from the living God. But encourage one another daily, as long as it is called Today, so that none of you may be hardened by sin's deceitfulness". (Hebrews 3:12-13)

I don't know about you, my friends, but I need to be very careful with my heart. At times when God seems silent, when the proverbial storms shake my proverbial boat, when things in life do not go as I wish... my heart may waver.

The passage says to encourage one another daily. It is so important to surround yourself with a people of like faith, of like passion who will always be on guard for your heart.

Here are the few things that I am doing.

1) Find friends you can share about your quiet time with. It can be your friend, or a mentor - anyone who understands the importance of accountability. Something that I am doing right now is Good Morning Girls group (for explanation of what it is click here). Good Morning Girls group has allowed me to daily touch base with several women on pursuit of God even amidst our hectic schedules. We share our struggles, pray for each other, and keep each other accountable on spending time with the Lord.

2) Be open. While not everything is meant to be shared, we often cover up our sinful attitudes rather than confess them and work through them to freedom. Have someone in your life you can be open with. For me - that someone is my husband... and as embarrassing as it may be for me to admit certain things to him - I am always glad I do.

3) Stay in the Word. Support system is extremely important and yet there may be times when you do not have the support you desire. You must read your Bible regularly to know what God is like and thus to build up your faith. Choose the pace of reading you're comfortable with and stick to it.

4) Encourage those around you. One of the greatest feelings in the world is to "make someone's day". Find someone today who you can encourage.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving an encouraging comment. I'll definitely be following along ;)

Deanna said...

Your blog has been amazing dear friend. Way to go on keeping it up!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...