Thursday, August 12, 2010

Giving Up All

"Son of man, behold, I take away from you the desire of your eyes with one stroke; yet you shall neither mourn nor weep, nor shall your tears run down." (Ezekiel 24:16)

Ezekiel's wife died because the Lord said so.  As we have chosen to give our lives to the Lord, our whole lives belong to Him.

Should the Lord require of me to do such a thing, I need to be willing to let go of the things and people in my life that I think I absolutely can't live without.  I need to stop holding on to the relationships I think I need and trust Him completely.  I need to love my husband fully and without reservation because we never know when he can be taken from me or I from him.



Am I there yet?  I wish I could say a resounding "Yes!"...  but I have a long way to go.


Is there anything in your life that you're holding on to so tight that you'd be unwilling to give it up?

2 comments:

Sharon Cohen said...

I do not know that I can do justice to the thoughts whirling about in my head. I can only shake my head and wonder at the Hand of God in my life.

As you become familiar with my husband's story you might also be astounded at the application of these scriptures. From Ezekial 24:15, to the stroke in verse 16 and to the restoration of his tongue for the benefit of others in verse 27.

I might never have considered this passage of scripture for its application in our lives if not for your blog post today.

Rayleigh said...

I am SO not there yet. I keep thinking about how horrible it would be if God took Nate away from me. I have SO much to lose! I keep praying that the Lord's will would be done but that if God could keep from taking Nate from me too early, that He would do that. It's not a bad thing to pray but I do need to have more peace about it and not worry so much about something bad happening to Nate.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...