Tuesday, July 13, 2010

A Home For A Child

"I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you."
- Jesus (in John 14:18)

I believe that the pure and undefiled religion is to look after widows and orphans in their distress.

Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this,
To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction,
and to keep himself unspotted from the world.
(James 1:27 KJV)

For years - since I had first started in ministry - it has been on my heart to encourage people to adopt, foster care or get involved in orphanage ministry. My heart beats for those who are without a parent in their lives.

I am asking my friends to share their adoption stories. I will feature them here on my blog and also I am setting up a new blog dedicated specifically to the orphans and those ministering to them: A Home For A Child. No posts there yet - but coming very-very soon.

If you have adopted a child and would like your story featured on my blog - please please leave a comment with your email address and I will contact you. If you have a ministry to the orphans - let me know and I would like to feature you as well.

2 comments:

Holly said...

Thanks for sharing!!
Adoption is a beautiful thing!!
I do have some friends that have adopted. Would you like me to ask if they'd share their stories?

Holly said...

I have an Awareness Award for YOU here:
http://www.diamondpotential.com/2010/08/meet-me-on-monday-and-awareness-awards.html

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...