Friday, March 5, 2010

Risk in Dreaming

Why is pursuing one's dreams always involves risk? Why can't my dreams be a natural progression of the course my life has already taken? Why do I have to give up, let go, change, move, start?

I am standing at the bridge with a torch in my hand. I know once I cross, there's no turning back. I am afraid for I do not know what exactly awaits me on the other side. My feet feel as if they were filled with lead. The first step so difficult, so unimaginable.

If I take that step - I am making a proclamation that what is here, on this side, is simply not enough for me. If I take that step - I leave all others behind in the comfort of their complacency. If I take that step - I shall be forced to walk alone.

What if I don't? What if I stay? I shall lose nothing by staying... or shall I?

I am standing at the bridge with a torch in my hand. I must decide.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...