Saturday, March 1, 2008

In Search Of Simplicity - Law 1

Law 1: Reduce.

Author writes: The best way to achieve simplicity is through thoughtful reduction.

Problem: My room is cluttered & uninviting; I feel like there's not enough room for mny stuff. I have looked through some of my things - stored in far corners of my room and realized that some of them I have not even seen since I moved here over a year ago.

Solution: Garbage Bags. A-ha!
Unused for years clothing goes in a laundry bag to take later to a rehab center for some of the ladies I've been working with. Other stuff (and how much stuff there really is) is either thrown out or put in bags to be given away.

Note To Self: Be careful to remove only what is unnecessary and has no emotional value attached.

On The Other Hand: I really don't need as much as I think I need. I won't miss some of the things that I think I'd miss.

Result: 2 garbage bags out the door this morning. A lot more stuff to go through over the weekend. Feeling of accomplishment. Cleaner room.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...