Friday, February 8, 2008

My Reads


I like reading so I thought I'd share with you what I'm reading from time to time...

My friend Deanna gave me this book, and I've been so busy that it's been sitting on my shelf for a while. Then it migrated to my desk (mainly because she was visiting and wanted to read it too). Finally I have started reading it.

Even though the struggles described by the author may not be as intense in your life, the principle, however, is true. We (men and women) are very much influenced by the society and the standards it introduces. Oftentimes we refuse to step out and be the best we can be for God because we're insecure in ourselves.
Here's a quick random quote from the book: "A gentle and quiet spirit is exhibited as you place your complete trust in God. When a woman stops struggling to be what everyone else thinks she should be, and instead lets herself enjoy what God wants her to be, she portrays a gentle and quiet spirit."

1 comment:

Deanna said...

amen and amen..."When a woman stops struggling to be what everyone else thinks she should be..." This is my struggle! Thanks for putting words to it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...