Wednesday, April 6, 2005

Busy Busy Busy

Wow, it's been over a week since I've updated. I have so much to write, I don't know if I want to stay up and do it. But a stitch in time saves nine.

Thursday I did visitation at John Adams Houses. I was able to throw a football with a couple of 11 and 12 year old boys. They were actually impressed by the way I throw the ball. If you know me you know that nobody is usually impressed with my performance in sports related activities. This made me wonder if an adult male has ever taken the time to throw a football with them. It's amazing to me how easy it is for people to lack certain types of relationships in a city that is so large. This is why visitation is so important. it shows them that someone cares in a world where no one does.

On Friday we had 50 more kids this week than we had last week. I am so excited to see what God is going to do in John Adams Houses.

On Monday we went to a high ropes course in Connecticut. They have a thirty foot high "leap of faith" and a twenty-five foot high "Catwalk". The leap is basically a free jump with a rope and harness. The catwalk was a log suspended in the air. I was able to do both but the hard part was climbing up to them. We also had a low ropes course with trust fall, spider web,etc...

Tuesday was the official kickoff for the youth meetings this semester. There were about 400 teenagers in the auditorium. Pastor Bill Wilson was the guest speaker. I was amazed how much authority he commanded over these kids. He spoke about pottery. He illustrated the steps to make a pot.

1. Start with raw material
2. Mold it
3. Smooth the edges
4. GO through the fire

He talked about how if we want to become what God wants us to become we must be willing to let God change us, and we must survive trials. He also talked about the potter's field. It is basically a graveyard for pots that didn't make it. Either they were unwilling to be molded or they cracked in the fire. We are like clay in the potter's hand. We must be willing to be molded. And we must be withstand the fires in our life. Anyway it was powerful to see so many urban teens together in one place hearing the word of God.

Growing in Him
Bryan

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...