Friday, December 3, 2010

She Asked "WHY?"

I had a conversation with a childhood friend the other day.

I mentioned to her that we want to adopt.

She asked, "WHY?"

I have no answer that I feel would be suffice.  How can I explain that longing?

And as I try... awkwardly... I am realizing that the concept of adoption is radically counter-cultural for Belarus.  Seen as the absolute last resort even after the option of simply not having any children adoption is a foreign concept to many Belarusians (especially those not of the household of faith).

And yet I know that tides turn and a few committed people can make all the difference.  Please watch this video of the adoption explosion in a small Ukrainian town of Slavyansk.



If it can happen there - I know the time for Belarus is coming!!!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...